God never expects us to create a vacuum by just trying to quit a negative. He wants us to put of the old by putting on the new. So the next time you feel anxious what would the opposite of worrying look like?
Be anxious for nothing, NOTHING- the first thing we do is say YES, BUT in this case worry is reasonable because….
- LORD HELP ME TO CAST ALL MY WORRY ON YOU that’s what is reasonable.
But in everything by prayer and supplication-the next thing we do is to rush around doing fixing trying.
- LORD HELP ME TO PAUSE AND SAY “THANKS, HELP, SHOW ME WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE ME SEE AND DO”
Let your request be known unto God. We rush off to bellyache to others, half the time we don’t ask ourselves “just what is it that I want”
- LORD HELP ME TO TAKE MY REQUESTS TO YOU AND TO TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT I WANT AND HELP ME TO WANT WHAT YOU WANT TO WILL WHAT YOU WILL.
We revel in negative ruminations reviewing every detail of the evils of the past present and imagined future.
- LORD HELP ME TO TEAR MY THOUGHTS AWAY AND FOCUS ON PURE LOVELY JUST, HIGHLY REGARDED HONEST THINGS.
We spend all our time and energy staring at the problem talking about it and coming up with whan can’t be done about it.
- LORD HELP ME TO DO THE LITTLE THAT I CAN AND LEAVE THE RESULTS TO YOU.
We focus on how it will affect me.
- LORD HELP ME TO BE FILLED WITH YOUR PERFECT LOVE FOR THE OTHERS INVOLVED SO THAT YOUR PERFECT LOVE WILL DRIVE OUT MY FEAR.